Most dog owners know that our canine friends have a great sense of hearing but did you know the 5 pieces of dog hearing related trivia below?
- A dog's ability to move their ears in different directions and independently of one another means that they can very often locate the exact source of a sound.
- Dogs are capable of locating the source of a sound in 1/600th of a second.
- Dogs can hear sounds at around four times the distance that a human can.
- Dogs cannot hear high-pitched sounds as well as cats can.
- Dogs have the ability to filter out certain sounds. This may well explain why your dog can sleep whilst the TV or radio is on in the background but is on full alert when their food bowl is filled in another room or you've opened the cupboard to take out the lead for a walk!
Worldwide, certificated and low-cost online Pet First Aid courses at www.Propetfirstaid.co.uk use our discount code UK-PFA for 10% discount- we do receive a tiny commission for recommending this course but the course is an excellent one for pet owners and pet professionals alike (I am an ex Pet First Aid instructor) and the tiny commission is not loaded on to the very low price you pay and the discount code above will take 10% off the price offered to the general public.